Climate Outreach is seeking an enthusiastic, committed individual, with experience in fundraising and a passion for climate change communication. You’ll be responsible for researching, recruiting and retaining a portfolio of small and medium scale funders for exciting national and international projects that are driving public engagement on climate change.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: “Fundraising Coordinator”. You may also complete and send the optional diversity, equity and inclusion form. Please do not PDF your application or send your CV.
Application deadline: accepting applications until position filled
Interviews: The interview will include an exercise to complete. Interviews will be carried out remotely due to Covid-19.
Start date: The role is envisioned to start as soon as possible.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
Climate Outreach is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all of its employment programs and decisions. We recognise that a diverse and inclusive movement is critical to solving climate change and that we must ensure that those directly impacted – particularly those who have been excluded in the past – are at the centre of the movement for change.
We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, and marital or parental status. We strive to recruit team members from communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice. We therefore strongly encourage applications from people of colour, women, LGBTQ people and members of marginalised communities. Climate Outreach Oxford Office is wheelchair accessible.
If you are invited to interview for the position, do let us know if you would like any carer’s costs that you incurred due to attending this interview to be reimbursed. Interviews will be carried out remotely due to Covid-19. Please contact Noora at email@example.com to discuss anything you might need to access and take part in the interview process, or have other questions about the application process.
● We co-design work with partners and seek to equip others with expertise and knowledge. We act in service to others and the wider movement.
● We empower each other by working closely together in a supportive manner, sharing ideas and knowledge. We actively seek to work without silos and with flexibility.
● We put people at the centre of the climate story, rather than science, technology, finance or policies.
● We treat each other with respect – as equals with concerns, hopes and aspirations.
● We are evidence-based and research-led. Evidence is our starting point, not an add on.
● We seek to live by our values, including by reducing our carbon footprint. We know this isn’t easy but we do our best. Where we struggle, we are open and honest about that.
● We act as a bridge between different sectors, disciplines and communities.
● We recognise that public engagement and the work we do is a part of the puzzle, along with the work by other actors in the climate sector.
● We focus on doing meaningful work that makes a difference to our mission. We seek leverage points in order to create systemic change.
● We recognise the tension between committing to our work and maintaining our wellbeing. We do not sacrifice the wellbeing of staff to this value, because we recognise that happy staff allow an organisation to be dynamic and creative.
Sign up to our newsletter
Thank you for signing up to our newsletter
You should receive a welcome email shortly.
If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder, and mark as 'Not Spam' so our future newsletters go straight to your inbox.