Our focus on evidenced-based climate communications is key to unlocking societal acceptance for climate action. We act as a bridge between research and practice.
Partnering with leading academic teams around the world, we answer some of the most strategically important questions about climate change communication - and translate our findings into practical guides, reports and multimedia resources along with advice and training.
We also host the Talking Climate research library - the gateway to international research on climate change
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss collaborating, commissioning or funding a research project.
We continue to work in a wide range of research areas; below are some examples of our work.
Widening Public Engagement:
- Public Consultations about COP21 in the UK
- Viewing climate change in its seven dimensions - in collaboration with the Royal Society of Arts
- How to engage people based on a shared sense of national identity - commissioned by the Welsh government
- How to frame a nationwide campaign (‘For the Love of’) on climate change - commissioned by The Climate Coalition
- How to engage the centre-right on climate change
- How to engage faith audiences on climate change - commissioned by Our Voices
- How to engage young people on climate change - in collaboration with the Grantham Research Institute, London School of Economics
- How to bring the IPCC to life
- How to talk about uncertainty in climate science - in collaboration with the Cabot Institute, University of Bristol.
Climate Impacts & Adaptation:
Communicating climate change adaptation: A practical guide to values-based communication - with Adaptation Scotland
Communicating Flood Risks in a Changing Climate: 9 Principles for Promoting Public Engagement - in collaboration with Cardiff University
- Energy System Transformation
- Communicating with social housing tennants about energy-saving